NATIONAL MOAA WORKING IN WASHINGTON...ON OUR BEHALF
1. Increases in TRICARE fees, due to repeal of the 2017 National Defense Authorization’s grand-fathering clause.
2. Part B Medicare premiums. Due to a 2% increase in Social Security, there may be a small increase to higher earning individuals.
**For information on any legislative issue concerning MOAA, go to:
Select TAKE ACTION in the middle of the page, then you can select the issue(s) you are most passionate about and easily send a message directly to your elected representatives.
**You can also find out who your local representatives are by going to:
Enter your address in the FIND YOUR DISTRICT AND LEGISLATORS block to get their websites, email addresses and phone numbers.
Emerald Empire Chapter
Military Officers Association of America
National MOAA "Storming The Hill" event took place April 2018. The following topics were addressed this year:
©COPYRIGHT MILITARY OFFICERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA - EMERALD EMPIRE CHAPTER
National MOAA 2018 Goals
1. Ensure any TRICARE reform sustains access to TOP quality care
2. Prevent disproportional TRICARE fee increases
3. Sustain military pay comparability with the private sector
4. Block erosion of compensation and non-pay and quality of life benefits
5. Protect military retirement and COLAs
6. Sustain wounded warrior programs and expand caregiver support
7. End financial penalties to survivors and the disables
8. Ensure the Guard and Reserve system adequately supports the requirements for an operational reserve
9. Ensure spouse and family support programs are aligned with current and emerging needs of an all-volunteer force
10. Ensure timely access to VA health care and preserve earned veterans benefits
*You can read the entire article in the January MOAA magazine, Pg. 36.
The mission of the Emerald Empire Chapter of MOAA is to advocate for our military community and connect it to the nation we serve.